- Name – So that We can identify You and personalise our communications with You.
- Address – So that We can identify You, register your animal with our practice send reminders, correspondence, Newsletters and information about our services and events relevant to you.
- Location information (such as postcode) – So that we can inform you about any animal health concerns we are aware of in your area and to carry out veterinary work for you.
- Email address – So that we can contact you about your Animal, send reminders about your appointments, vaccinations, Newsletters and correspondence about our service, animal health issues and sales invoices.
- Mobile number(s) – So that we can contact you and send SMS reminders about your Animal, your appointments, vaccinations, our services and events.
- Telephone number – So that we can contact you about your Animal and to carry out work for you.
- Holding Number- For official Veterinarian duties
The lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you - to provide Veterinary services and products you have requested.
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation- HMRC, Welsh Government
- It is necessary to perform a public task- processing your information is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or exercise our official authority so we can carry out our responsibilities in animal health, animal welfare, disease monitoring, public health.
- We have a legitimate interest. - So that we can contact you about your Animal, send reminders about your appointments, vaccinations, correspondence about our services, animal health issues and Newsletters. We may occasionally email, SMS text, mobile phone you regarding products and services of ours which may be of interest to you.
Please talk to one of our members of staff if you would like to change how you receive Service Communications or if any of the above information changes as soon as possible so that we have up to date records. Please either email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Unsubscribe me" phone our office 01267 233266 or write to us at GlynHebog, Carmarthen, SA33 5DX.
Our staff may ask you to confirm your records are up to date on a regular basis.
Your information is stored on our veterinary practice management system, Idexx Animana as ‘data processor ‘who provide the software. If we obtain any technical support using Teamviewer, then employees of Idexx Animana may be able to view your details. Their privacy Statement is available.
We recognise the importance of keeping your personal data safe and we have in place security measures and policies to prevent personal data from being lost, used or accessed without our permission. We limit access to your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How will we use your data
- We collect and process information so we can carry out our responsibilities in animal health, animal welfare, disease monitoring, public health.
- Investigate and report positive results for notifiable or reportable disease
- Monitor the possible spread of disease
- Consultations/visits/inspections required to protect animals and animal welfare
- Inform the Veterinary Medicines Directorate of a suspected adverse reaction to a pharmaceutical product
- Debt collection agencies- If you fall behind with payments for the services we provide, we may engage a debt collection agency to recover the debt on our behalf.
- To deliver the veterinary services and products you have requested.
Transfers of data to countries outside the UK
We may transfer your personal data to a country outside the EEA, with our cloud storage software Box.com, Box protects all of your content with advanced security controls, encryption key management and complete information governance and is GDPR compliant.
We do not share or sell your information for marketing purposes with companies outside ProStock Vets.
We are required to share your Personal Information in certain circumstances to ensure that we can provide you with services you require, for this purpose we may share your data with Defra, Iechyd Da, Xl Vets, Moore-Scarrott Accountants, Local Government, HMRC, Laboratories, Farming Connect and other organisations/bodies.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a client of our Practice and no longer than necessary and for as long as is required to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements including to the HMRC and RCVS.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Phone: 01267 233266
Post: Glynhebog, Carmarthen, SA33 5DX
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information. Cookies cannot be used to run programmes or deliver viruses to your computer. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our websites or other websites you visit.
How do we secure your information?
We secure your personally identifiable information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. Content management software by Drupal. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. Google Analytics is a premium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, currently as a platform inside the Google Marketing Platform brand. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.